Columbia River Steel & Construction, Inc. (CRSC) is seeking a Sales / Steel Building Estimator for general construction services to join the Columbia River Family! The Estimator processes and confirms quote requests in a timely accurate manner and follows up for building sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prepare pricing estimates for new steel building projects; also components, and change orders on existing projects.
- Updates and maintains quote log, works at fast pace with attention to detail, and helps others when possible.
- Able to read architectural and structural plans, specifications, and to take note of project requirements, details, and identify project risks and/or special requirements.
- Able to provide a descriptive scope of work for our team based off of written requests, sketches, architectural plans, and specifications in order to structure written quotes in a clear and understanding way.
- Reviews the customer sketches, quote requests, and questions/clarifies variances that may occur.
- Ability to develop estimates from drawings, blueprints, shop drawings and other construction documents used in the design of steel buildings and fabrication applications.
- Prepare an accurate “take off” of materials included in the jobs; estimating all necessary labor, materials equipment and delivery costs to prepare thorough estimates.
- Assists clients and supervisors with preliminary project layout to guide them towards the most economical and efficient design.
- Possesses working knowledge of CRSC’s Building design programs for best pricing.
- Processes price checks and man-hours in a timely manner by using CRSC’s spreadsheets.
- Provides unparalleled personal attention to meeting the needs of our customers.
- Treats coworkers with dignity and respect. Works as a team player.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and can communicate workload and utilization.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel daily to communicate with customers, suppliers, creating scopes, and developing budgets.
- Qualifications: Minimum 2-year post-secondary education in drafting, business, or related field preferred and/or minimum 1-2 years construction, metal building, or sales/customer service work experience.
- This position requires a strong mathematical aptitude, computer skills, attention to detail, and the ability to interpret plans/specifications for industrial and commercial contract drawings.
- Qualified applicant must possess excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and capacity to work well with internal and external customers.
- Additionally, must have an aptitude to produce complete, accurate, and fiscally responsible quotations through acquired knowledge of CRSC’s product line, processes/procedures, and customer requirements.
- The ideal candidate will align with and strengthen company culture and core values of faith, trust, hard work, integrity, respect, responsibility and community.
- Customer Service: (Preferred)
- Sales: (Preferred)
- Metal Building Estimating: (Preferred)
- Competitive wages
- Paid time off
- * Medical, Dental
- *401 K
* Available after probation period.