Civil/Structural Engineer (5+ years’ experience)
Columbia River Steel & Construction, Inc., Grandview, WA, has an excellent growth opportunity for a licensed civil/structural engineer.
Salary: Depends on qualifications.
We offer paid holidays, PTO, health and dental insurance and a 401K retirement plan with company match (benefits earned after 90 days of employment).
Please email resume directly to [email protected].
Position open until filled. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
General Position Tasks:
- Provide engineering support for pre-engineered metal building (PEMB) design
- Provide engineering support for designers using Metal Building Software (MBS)
- Provide project cost estimating support
- Manage development and preparation of civil/structural/architectural plans for building permit applications
- Calculate structural design loads per International Building Code (IBC-current edition) and ASCE 7 (current edition) and other applicable codes
- Perform engineering plan review
- Perform field inspections and field staff construction support
- Review building permit submittal documents and plans for Washington State Energy Code (WSEC) compliance
- Coordinate with jurisdictions during permit process
- Professional Engineer (PE) license required, Structural Engineer (SE) license preferred
Steel Building Estimator/Steel Building Sales
Columbia River Steel & Construction, Inc. has a full-time steel building estimator/steel building sales position available in Grandview.
Minimum 2-year post-secondary education in drafting, business or related field preferred and/or minimum 1 – 2 years construction, metal building or sales/customer service experience.
This position requires a strong mathematical aptitude, excellent computer skills, attention to detail and the ability to interpret plans and specifications for industrial and commercial contract drawings.
Qualified applicant must possess excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills.
Additionally, must have the aptitude to produce complete, accurate and fiscally responsible quotations through the acquired knowledge of our product line, processes and procedures as well as customer requirements.
Must possess a positive attitude and the capacity to work well with internal and external customers.
Great working environment with competitive pay package. Paid holidays, PTO and benefits package that includes health and dental insurance and 401K with match are available (after 90 days).
Please email resume to [email protected]
Position open until filled. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
CRSC is looking for a Steel Detailer. This is an experienced level position (5 years minimum), and involves creation of the structural drawings for fabrication and erection of steel structures based on engineering design documents. As part of an engineering team, the detailer calculates and compiles detail material lists and drawings for purchasing and fabrication of building components. This position also involves working with customers, vendors, subcontractors, shop and field personnel to ensure compatibility and completion of all project materials as agreed upon within the contract documents. Please email resume’s to [email protected]
Requirements and Skills:
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Read and comprehend Architectural & Engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proficient math skills with comprehension of Algebra and Geometry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants shall be self-motived and able to work independently as well as with a team.